On Tuesday, October 8, 2013, ACE will host a panel discussion led by upper year York University grad students who will answer questions, share ideas, tips, information and advice they learned during their first year of grad school.
The seminar, which will be held in HNES 140 from 12:30pm – 2:30pm is geared towards incoming 1st year masters students and undergraduate students who would like to get a head start on preparing for grad school.
Some topics to be covered include:
• Relationship between POS, course work & GAship responsibilities
• Balancing course work and POS
• How to find used text books
• How, when and where to find funding
• Time management techniques
• Balancing graduate school and parenthood
• Finding alternative credit options (courses abroad, internships etc)
• Places to study, places to sit, places to breath on campus
• (dis)ability services
• FES involvement (committees, GESSA, ACE)
• Challenges specific for international students
This is a space to ask all your burning questions, get insight and meet other students.
Come out and ask your questions!
LIKE ACE ON FACEBOOK! : https://www.facebook.com/ACEatYorkU